We currently offer 30 button Anglo concertinas in C/G or G/D with either Wheatstone or Jeffries layout accidentals.
The standard specification is as follows:
- Size 6 and 1/4 inch across the flats, as were Wheatstone and Lachenal concertinas
- Action: Riveted stainless steel. This is a smooth action based on vintage concertina designs but with more robust modern materials. Buttons are 6.5mm wide and slightly domed for comfort.
- Bellows: Very traditional all leather hand made bellows. Closely modelled on vintage instruments, these are made from individual card pieces and are very flexible.
- Reeds and reed pan: Tipo-a-mano Italian steel reeds mounted in a separate removable reed pan. Tuned to A=440 HZ (standard concert pitch).
- Woodwork: The end box is made from a high quality hardwood ply, this gives greater structural stability. A decorative veneer is applied to the outside, walnut or black finishes are available.
- Ends: Stainless steel metal ends, cut to our unique pattern. This design has a lot of space in it, allowing the instrument to have a clear and loud tone.
- Hand rests: Either traditional style or with an ergonomic profiled top (see images below).
Optional extra features:
Air lever as opposed to a air button +£30
Custom fit hand rest +£40 (visit required, read more in our concertina ergonomics section.)