The standard model is a 30 button Anglo concertina in C/G or G/D with either Wheatstone or Jeffries layout accidentals. A blocked hard case is included.
These instruments are based around Italian hand finished accordion reeds and they have laser cut end plates. The remainder of the instrument is made by hand. It is with this combination of traditional and modern processes that I am able to offer a great instrument at a reasonable price. These concertinas are responsive, bright sounding, and delightful to play. Some aspects can be tailored to the musician’s requirements.
Please note: This design is being discontinued, now only G/D models are available while my remaining reed stocks last.
The standard specification is as follows:
- Size 6 and 1/4 inch across the flats, as were Wheatstone and Lachenal concertinas
- Action: Riveted stainless steel. This is a smooth action based on vintage concertina designs but with more robust modern materials. Buttons are 6.5mm wide and slightly domed for comfort. Black plastic buttons are standard but nickel silver buttons are also available.
- Bellows: Closely modelled on vintage instruments, these are made from individual skived card pieces joined by cotton cloth and high quality skived leather. All black bellows are standard though decorative papers are available as well.
- Reeds and reed pan: Tipo-a-mano Italian steel reeds mounted in a separate removable reed pan. Tuned to standard concert pitch.
- Woodwork: The end box is made from a high quality hardwood ply, this gives greater structural stability. A decorative veneer is applied to the outside, walnut or black finishes are available.
- Ends: Stainless steel metal ends, cut to our unique pattern. This design has a lot of space in it, allowing the instrument to have a clear and loud tone.
- Hand rests: Either traditional style or with an ergonomic profiled top
Optional extra features:
Air lever as opposed to a air button + £60
Nickel silver buttons + £70
Decorative bellows papers + £30